How many homes will be in Marina Bay?
Marina Bay is private gated community that will have 399 homes on 314 acres along the shores of Lake Lanier. Home sites are available as lakefront, lake view, lake side, mountain vista, park front, courtside, village, cottage, and wooded.
What are the price ranges of home sites and homes?
Current home site values range from $49,900 to $370,000.
New and resale homes range from $379,900 to over $2mm.
What is the Marina Bay Club?
The Marina Bay Club is the residential club of the Marina Bay community. Only home site owners and homeowners can be members of Marina Bay. Members of the Marina Bay Club are entitled to the exclusive use and enjoyment of the community and Club’s features and amenities indicated below.
The marina is only available to boat slip owners. Boat slips are only available for purchase by Marina Bay home site owners or homeowners. Slips are purchased separately.
Marina Bay Club and Community Amenities:
- 5 miles of shoreline on Lake Lanier.
- Private 280-slip marina located on a deep-water cove. All slips are covered, and there is power and water to each slip. Residents may purchase the boat slips from the developer.
- Safety and privacy of a gated community.
- Lakefront clubhouse featuring expansive views of Lake Lanier. The 14,000 sq.ft. clubhouse includes a resident lounge, club room, library, conference room, garden room, game room, summer kitchen, and exercise/fitness center.
- Resort-style swimming pool and open-air pavilion with fireplace overlooking Lake Lanier.
- Tennis Village featuring 3 lighted tennis courts, pavilion and stadium seating.
- Interior pocket parks and walking paths throughout the neighborhoods of Marina Bay. Horseshoe Park features a park and ball field with sod bleachers.
Gated boat and RV storage is included in your annual Association fee and is located within 1 mile of the main entrance to Marina Bay.
What is the cost to join the Marina Bay Club?
There is no additional cost to join the Marina Bay Club other than the $1,800 initiation fee (fees are subject to change).
There is a mandatory homeowners association. The annual fees are $2,202 per year (fees are subject to change). The Association is governed by a Board and serves the community through various committees. The current committees are:
- Facilities Committee
- Social Committee
- Marina Committee
- Landscape Committee
Are there recreational activities provided by the association for the residents and if so what types of recreational activities are provided by the association or committees?
- Annual Christmas Party
- Santa Visit Breakfast
- Tennis Teams – ALTA and USTA
- Children’s Softball in the Park
- Adult’s Softball in the Park
- Movie Nights Under The Stars
- Picnics in the Park
- Concerts in the Park
- Pool Parties
- Poolside Cookouts and Fish Frys
- Neighborhood Bowling Night
- 4th of July Picnic, Party and Parade
- 4th of July Lake Lanier Fireworks
- Lake Lanier 4th of July Boat Parade
- Easter Egg Hunt with the Easter Bunny
- Children’s Halloween Party and Parade
- Sunset Cruises in the Lake
- Wine Tastings
- Dinner Club
- Poker Nights
- Bridge Club
- Progressive Dinner
- Book Clubs
Are there fees for the Marina beyond the costs to purchase a slip?
All boat slip owners shall be assessed an annual marina fee to provide for the maintenance of the marina. The marina fee is currently $500/year.
How do I purchase a boat slip in the marina?
Boat slips within the marina may be purchased only by members of Marina Bay. Each home site owner may be entitled to purchase (subject to availability and previous owner’s slip purchase). The owner has the right to use one boat slip at the time based on the purchase of their home site or home. The current boat slip purchase price is $70,000 (subject to change).
Are there boat storage facilities other than the marina?
A gated boat and RV storage facility with capacity for up to 200 boats is located within one mile of the main entrance to Marina Bay. This area is available exclusively to the members of Marina Bay and will operate on an annual rental rate.
How do I purchase a homesite?
An onsite sales operation is available – Marina Bay Properties, LLC. There are developer-owned homesites available as well as resale homesites. The sales gallery is located in the Clubhouse at 6638 Marina Club Drive, Gainesville, Georgia 30506. Phone: 770-679-3944. Susan@marinabayproperty.com or Brenda@marinabayproperty.com
Can I resell my homesite?
The developer retains a right to first refusal on any attempt to resell a homesite. The resale price to the developer shall be at the price it was originally sold from the developer. If the developer declines to repurchase the homesite upon request from the homesite owner, it may be sold to a third party at a price to be negotiated between the homesite owner and the third party. An individual may transfer title of their homesite to a builder for construction loan purposes.
Can I build any type of home in Marina Bay?
Homeowners may choose any builder of their choice, provided the builder meets the architectural submittal and governmental requirements. An Architectural Review Board shall approve and monitor the construction of each home constructed within Marina Bay to ensure a cohesive design and consistent quality that will maximize the overall value of the community. An Architectural Guideline Book has been prepared to provide guidance of the appropriate home and landscape styling.
In addition to the architectural review, the location of any structures to be placed on a homesite must be reviewed and approved by the review board prior to the commencement of any improvements. The review board will provide the homesite specifications (size, setbacks, etc.) for any homesite along with the recommendation of the house location upon the homesite.
Who are Marina Bay's utility providers?
Marina Bay has the latest technologies and services including high-speed internet access. Services are provided by the following:
- Electric: Jackson EMC
- Gas: Atlanta Gas Light
- Phone: AT&T
- Cable: Charter Communications
- Water: City of Gainesville
- Waste Water: Private treatment system owned and operated by Piedmont Water Company. The waste water is treated to re-use quality, the highest standard designation by the EPD. The water is released in a sub-surface system throughout the community. Homeowners are able to avoid the maintenance and periodic replacement of individual septic systems.
What are the schools for Marina Bay?
Public Schools: Sardis Elementary; Chestatee Middle School; Chestatee High School Private Schools: Lakeview Academy; Westminster Christian School; Riverside Military Academy.
Are there bylaws for Marina Bay on Lake Lanier?
Are there covenants for Marina Bay on Lake Lanier?